Monday, January 25, 2016

Three victories

Three pretty significant victories this weekend. It was my first weekend work trip in awhile, and I prepared ahead to maintain the integrity of my plan. I packed up some clementines, almonds, and goldfish crackers for snacks, and a pouch of oatmeal for breakfast. During the day, I stayed away from the lounge for the most part, but did eat lunch in there (farmhouse salad from Potbelly, pre-tracked and pre-planned) and there was quite a spread. Three different kinds of oreos, brownies, candy, more candy, more cookies, pineapple upside down cake, chips, etc. But there were also fresh veggies. When I got hungry I had a plate of carrots and four tortilla chips with salsa. By the end of the day I hadn't touched anything else, had an on-plan dinner, and easily stayed within my range. Got tons of steps, too.

Yesterday, went with the hubs and two of our friends to watch the Broncos game at a sports bar. All told, we ordered nachos, 36 wings, corn dog nuggets, fish and chips, and a grilled chicken salad with no croutons. Yes, that last one was mine. I also portioned out 1/4 of the nachos, chose the highest points nachos from my tracker, and put them in. I enjoyed the nachos and was full after my salad. I didn't touch anything else. This was a good test for the Superbowl party we'll be hosting in two weeks.

The third victory I had nothing to do with, other than anxiously watching for four hours and feeling my stomach turn as it came down to the last play. But the Broncos beat the Patriots, capping off a really, really nice weekend.

Oh - and no sweets. Today is Day 20.


No comments:

Post a Comment