Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Start Living


Today is my first day back to my WW meeting in a month. I don't want to do the 'weigh-in of shame' in which I step on the scale and my horrified leader sees a tremendous gain from my last visit. It won't be the first time - I've been spinning my wheels back at WW for a little over a year now. It's time to get serious and be accountable. I'm tired of my weight creeping up, again and again and again. I'm tired of feeling like shit all the time. I'm tired of my clothes not fitting anymore - I seriously have a closet full of clothes I can't wait to fit into again. I'm tired of the constant mental battle with myself. I'm tired of being afraid of what I can't do because I'm too fat. 

I've started reading tons of weight-loss blogs for inspiration, motivation, and discipline when I feel the desire to binge. I just read this on one of them and it struck such a chord:

"Now at 36 I need to get it done, get it off, and start living."

I've always said that one of my reasons for losing weight and keeping it off is that I'm tired of living life on the sidelines. I'm ready to get in the game. So - now, at 38, I need to get it done, get it off, and start living. There's a lot to look forward to.


No comments:

Post a Comment