Tuesday, January 12, 2016

just some thoughts on my day

Today was kind of an 'on tilt' day. My husband drove me to work and we dropped the boys off at daycare on the way. I was late, so I felt like I was playing catch up all day. The worst part was that I left my bag with lunch and snacks in the car, and I didn't want my husband to have to drive all the way back over to work to bring it to me (he offered - which was great - but it would've been like a 45-minute round trip drive.) Instead I went without snacks today (it was that kind of day, anyway) and went out to lunch with my assistant. I went to a place that I could be accountable and had a great meal that I enjoyed. Had dinner out with my husband tonight at Panera - they finally have my beloved french onion soup back! That's two meals out today, the day before my weigh-in. I don't love that all the extra sodium I'm sure I ingested will show up at the scale tomorrow, but I hope it won't matter. And truthfully, I really don't care, because I know I stayed well within my points today, and all week, and I STILL HAVEN'T HAD ANY SWEETS. This is monumental for me. I just can't believe I've gone a whole week without any. That's like...not breathing air for me. I also just feel really positive, in a good mental place right now, and it's been some time since I've felt this kind of internal calm. And that's saying something, because it is a very busy and stressful time at work!

I actually went shopping tonight and enjoyed it. Typically I don't enjoy shopping, especially when I'm as fat as I am right now, but I really tried hard to think forward instead of backward. I also didn't buy any 'I'll fit into this later' clothes - I focused on what makes me look and feel good NOW. That's not usually how I shop, and I came home with lots of great clothes for work.

It'll be another long day tomorrow, but at least my lunch and snacks are already packed and in my car :)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment